View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default Network 54 Get Together/Dinner/Meeting at the National?...

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

As long as we meet face to face, it's all good with me. I can assure you that you won't speak to me in person the way you do on this board. In fact, I doubt you'll show up at all. But if you do, I would love to try some redwood-smoked spotted-owl-and-baby-seal-kabobs with you.

I have to laugh at the comments you make that are intended to be jabs at me. You really have no idea what my political views are, but keep posting about them. I like to laugh.

So you can better aim your future jabs, here are some things that might help: I am not overly concerned with the environment; I am not at all concerned about animals; I am not a democrat; I am not a pacifist; I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

Oddly enough, I do look exactly like Al Sharpton, though. I'm not sure how you knew that since you've never seen me before. Or have you?...

Regarding vintage baseball, I'd love to discuss players like Pete Hill, Grant Johnson or Dick Redding with you because I, like you, am interested in the history of baseball. But more specifically, we should probably talk about vintage baseball CARDS.

So tell me, Scott, what would you guess is the existing population of the 1910 Punch Ty Cobb card? How many of those do you think still have the back attached? How many 1910 Punch cards total still have the back attached? Why is there no card of Adolfo Luque in the 1923-24 Billiken set?

See you soon,

-Ryan