View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 06:24 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

I don't think slick is one of the words written. I zoomed in on the image and you can clearly see the transverse crossing the t in all three words. I think what is leading many people to think the first word is possibly slick is that there is spacing between the up and down on the "t" it is looped a bit. That spacing is most prevalent on the first stick however, it is also a bit prevalent on the last stick, but they are both clearly crossed.

If I had to bet I think Al's original guess is right it's Stick, Stick, Lew, Stick. Additionally, I think the handwriting on the signature does match the inscription, look closely at the thickness of the writing and the boldness of the writing in both the signature and the inscription the pressure that was applied seems to be identical. Lastly, I think Tesreau inscribed it because the signature and inscription fit neatly in the space indicating to me he planned what he was going to write, began at the top with his signature then completed the inscription. I don't think someone wrote the inscription first then he wrote his name in above. If the inscription was written first by someone else they would have begun it higher within the space not planning to have someone write a signature above it.