View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
I was just curious if there were others out there that had some players that they didn't want to have in their collections? It could be that you hated the player as a kid, or you met them and they were a jerk, etc. For me, I just can't seem to want to collect players that committed suicide. Eric Show, Donnie Moore and Don Wilson autos for some reason just give me the creeps.
Mike,
I'm not sure that Don Wilson actually committed suicide. I don't believe that that was the consensus after he died tragically. Google the details of his early demise. I believe that investigation indicated that his death was accidental.

He died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning while sitting in his car smoking in his garage. It was speculated that he returned home at 1:00 AM the night that he died. Did a night of drinking impair his judgement, leading to his death? I don't know if there is a conclusive answer. His death, as well as his son's, was horrible no matter what...

He was on top of his game and was, by all reports, excited about the upcoming baseball season.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.