View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 03:12 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I could be wrong, but I wonder if the appeal will last. What are the true production numbers for the ‘11 Update Trout? Even if not reaching “junk era” heights, I’ve got to assume there are a blue million of them. This is a card interestingly enough - where the PSA 10 price may be topping four figures, but a PSA 9 is not cheap either. What like $600-700? More? What would a PSA 7 go for? Still probably $500?

Contrast this with the 1993 SP Jeter - a card that is no doubt available in lower numbers, and unlike the Trout - is a truly condition sensitive card in grades 9 and above, what with those surfaces that scratch if you breathe on them. A 10 may be a six figure card, but a PSA 7 is still like less than $300? How do those demographics align with the Trout?

For what it’s worth, my money on an investment card between those two long term is going to be the Jeter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used to think I had to be a prewar collector or a postwar collector or an 80s collector or a modern collector. Truth is, I love baseball across all eras and want a representative sampling of the best I can get from all those eras. Trout is certainly part of that for me. Jeter wouldn't be a bad buy either...though he was never a personal favorite.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk