Thread: 1939 Play Ball
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Mike Oberl@nder

Default 1939 Play Ball

I am new to Net54, so I am sorry if this thread has been discussed. I have been dabbling in pre-War cards for a couple of years now, mostly buying type cards to get a sense of what is out there. I decided to make the 1939 Play Ball set the first set that I would try to build, and am making good progress. (I did not realize when I started that there are entire teams not represented in the set - no Cubs.)

I do wonder, am I the only idiot that is trying to get both versions (with ALL CAPS and Initial Caps)? In buying these, I have not noticed any difference in price. In fact, I find that for many sellers on eBay or other on-line sources they don't even note the difference or show the backs.

The high numbers are certainly rarer (and more expensive). Does anyone "know" or have an educated guess for how much rarer the high numbers are? Or, how much rarer (if at all) any of the variations are?

And, one last question (for now): what is the deal with the Samples and how many of those are out there (ok, that is 2 parts of one question).

Thanks,

Mike