View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
There are no before and after pictures shown in the video. He bought it with no stain visible And the stain came back after several years. We don't know the long term effects of soaking cards with chemicals. Of course I know plain water has always and always will be fine for cards.

I know you can chemically preserve paper properly.
Kurt's card care isn't the Library of Congress, Does he know what he's doing with his formula? You decide. I would also add preservation of paper chemically is almost always manuscripts and other extremely thin documents. Not colored card stock. I don't think the hall of fame museum is taking in 1880s scrapbook cards and soaking them in kcc.

Clearly he has them side by side, one soaked with water and one soaked with chemicals and they are extremely different looking. And the water soaked looks exactly the same as the card that never touched water.

I'm talking with someone who openly does this to cards. So I wouldn't expect you to take my side.
Shame that Gherig wasn't an easy Kcc job and just had a little stain that you could've soaked chemically and turned into a 3 and resold it for $2000 more without saying anything.
Edit: seeing you said you'd never sell it on the other thread. We all know every collection goes to the grave! Lol.
I think the before pictures were posted by a few of the hobby trolls online, which I was conflating with his video. But either way, the stain was always there. He provides no evidence to support his claim that the stain appeared out of no where and that it wasn't there before. I don't think he's trying to deceive his audience. I just think he's wrong about the stain not having been there before. I think he didn't notice the stain when he bought it (it's faint) and then he one day later discovered it and assumed it had to have magically appeared because, using his reasoning, "PSA would have given it a 2 if the stain was there when they graded it". Yet, unbeknownst to him, PSA actually places stained cards in 6 holders with regularity.