View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 05:54 AM
Bill Gregory

Jeff,

I totally get where you're coming from. At no point while looking at this card did I think to myself "you got ripped off." If he had a few dozen T206 cards on sale, I'm betting he didn't spend too much time looking over any one card. He certainly didn't critique a scan the way we've been doing. It's easy to miss a wrinkle on the back, or variance in corner sharpness when you're putting out a whole bunch of cards. That you've had good dealings with him in the past just reinforces my thinking that you took a shot, and missed. There's nothing wrong with that. In the future you might come across a similar opportunity, recall a few of the things we looked at, and either leave the card, or try to negotiate a lower price. Who knows, somewhere down the road you might find a card that's underpriced, and get a deal. So, when I think of what you received for your money, you not only got a nice card, but you got some experience. You can sell that card back, and get a good chunk of your money back. But the experience will stay with you.

If you ask me, taking a shot at something outside of your comfort zone showed some real moxie. So, good for you.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-17-2014 at 05:55 AM.