View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
I picked up a 1960 Venezuelan Mantle Sticker. It is approximately 2 inches by 3-1/8 inches These are apparently pretty rare.

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ker-album-set/

But I have a problem with it. It has a tear at the top that is about 1.5 cm long. The tear occurred while in transit. The seller simply put the sticker in a penny sleeve, put that in a top loader, and then put that in a 9-by-12 mailer. It was able to freely move about within the mailer. Consequently, the penny sleeve arrived out of the top loader and the sticker out of the penny sleeve. And it was torn which it wasn't previously.

I would like to get a partial refund from the seller due to his negligent packaging and subsequent damage. The question is, how much should I push for? I suppose that would depend on how much the value is after the tear. That would be subtracted from what I paid to determine the refund. So, the question is, how much would this be worth with the tear?
Mike, I would estimate you should be refunded 40 - 50% of the purchase price. The tear is on his hat, which is a key place on the image. On the bottom, it might be more noticeable, but it is on Mickey's head---NOT GOOD!

I am very sorry. This must be very upsetting. --- Brian Powell