View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 11:28 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksAndSpartans View Post
I know who owns the famous T206 Wagner, but I'm a little skeptical that some billionares have recently entered the market. Its just a casual observation, but sometimes the wealthiest people are also the thriftiest. I actually do have second hand knowledge of someone who was doing well financially and put together a significant collection, but it was memorabilia - one of a kind items in some cases, game used, etc. stuff you can display like a trophy - conversation pieces. In my opinion, the average huge sports fan walking into your house - you'd have to explain what the little 9 or 10 means on the piece of paper above the card. If you have a bat that was used to hit a game winning world series home run or something, not much explanation is needed.

And who wins the big eBay auctions? The ones I checked, the eBay user ids have feedback scores way higher then mine - it takes time to build that up.
They might not know at first glance but the average person can figure it out pretty quick.

I have a lot of low pop cards from the genre I collect and they are displayed on the walls in 36 card display cases.

Generally the first reaction is wow your cards are really cool. Man those are in nice shape. Yeah that is the only 10 right there so far. Are you serious??? That is so awesome.

Now imagine saying that on very expensive cards. The owner loves the reaction I promise.