View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Mike,
His business model has always been to try and double his money.BUT with the 20% premium and his very high prices on his relisted pins he will be sitting with them for a very long time... I was under bidder on 4-5 of those pins he has now. I will not bring myself to pay those prices on them that he put on them.. I won 3 items last time around and I cant believe he will be that stupid to do it again this time.... As we know pin collectors are a small group and dont have unlimited funds.... He also drives up every single pin that comes up on ebay.....Time to send the message that we wont buy your pins at that level... Good luck with sales!
Al,
I thought the idea was to buy low and sell high. Buying high and selling very high doesn’t sound very profitable. I was also outbid on several pins and have no desire to go even higher now.
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown