View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 09:47 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I guess Jeff Foy, you know the ER Doc, is a keyboard warrior and not someone that has any actual experience in this area...b/c if you dont like what somewhat says we can just lower ourselves to another level.

I just dont understand the absolute animosity towards the mask...is it really that big of a deal to put on? I guess everyone has a different perspective on the situation, I wasnt given a choice as a nurse that hasn't had a vacation in over a year b/c there are so many f'ing sick people. At one point, I was coming home and changing in the garage while the clothes went straight into the washer and my ass went right into the shower while my wife kept our 5 yo twins away from me. That isnt necessary anymore as we now know...but why wouldn't I do that when we were unsure? PITA and all, but this is my family.

I've also seen a coworker die...the patient she got the virus from lived. I also have seen the look in my coworkers eyes as the hospital is way past capacity and we simply "have to make the best of it". Ive had 7 patients at a time w/o an aid or any help...how f'ing safe does that sound? Again, need to make the best of it.

I just am completely missing why some people cant put on the mask...perspective and context mean a lot. I guess Im a keyboard warrior too, but I'd rather be with people who think of the larger good than those that prove they can do what they want.

S Suckow RN
The phrase “keyboard warrior” went right over your head. It’s the label I designated to those that chose to call me names just for voicing my opinion. Since I choose NOT to wear a mask and NOT to get vaccinated I’m a jackass or a clown according to some. They’re keyboard warriors who like to say something in here who wouldn’t say the same thing in person.