View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 09:48 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoumanian View Post
You don't make in clear, Phil, if it is graded or ungraded. I checked eBay just now and saw a 72 Murcer in NM-MT (and ungraded) going for $66. That could be the one you are talking about. As an aside, it looks real nice BUT personally I don't buy a card on eBay that has not been graded.

My quick advice? Buy it with a plan. By that I mean, set a price you will not go past (say, $90). Know your budget. If you win, great. If not, others will come along in just as nice condition, I assure you. Patience is key when you're buying. I'm 65 and waiting does pay off. Peace and good luck.
I think Phil got the answers he wanted, so I hope he won't mind if I take this thread off-course.

I think if you want to buy a card, you should be prepared to pay the market price for it. If you set a budget of $60 for a $90 card, you are going to end up with either a crappy card or no card. And while you are waiting patiently for a magic deal, the card you passed up at $90 is going up, getting farther out of range.

Shaking your fist at the market is not going to make prices come down. Certain cards are expensive for a reason. You just need to accept that and spend your money.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk