View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default Earliest Memory Of Baseball

Posted By: andy becker

this is a great thread sean.
regarding earlier posts, i think the inside the park grand slam by kevin bell was in his first major league ab.
silver king, foul balls are a statistical improbability....i have been to almost 500 games (i worked at wrigley for 5 years) and have never gotten anything other than a BP ball. i do have quite a few of those as employees were allowed in well before the public.
that's a wonderful piece of personal baseball history, and the post-game autograph makes it all the more special.

my first recollection of baseball is saying home from school (sick or whatever) and watching the cubs on wgn. i can't tell you the game, or even the year (mid 70's).... just enjoying jack brickhouse call the game. i wished i could stay home all spring and couldn't wait until school was out so i could enjoy day baseball.

my first live game was a summer camp outing, the cubs were playing the pirates and rennie stennett went 7 for 7. i didn't see the last hit, as the camp bus had to leave.....i think that was 1975.