Thread: The National
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 02:49 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF123 View Post
As someone who hasn’t been to any show whatsoever since maybe about 1992 and just recently got back into collecting (mostly relatively affordable raw HOFers), I assume I would be in way over my head to jump back in at the National, and that there probably wouldn’t be much for me in terms of deals. Does that sound right?

Because I live in Chicago anyway, so there’s a part of me that says what the hell, it might be fun to check it out, see some ridiculously expensive cards and maybe meet some people.
I usually feel regretful after a few hours of cruising the floor at the national from a standpoint that I could have bought this...or I could have bought that from the comfort of my home for what it cost to fly and lodge.

The allure of the national is seeing/hanging w/hobby friends...seeing great cards at the auction house displays/certain dealers that are way out of my league price wise...possibly getting cards/items graded on the premises...and looking for oddball items and raw cards in bargain bins.

If you want certain things...and don't mind overpaying for them...it's a must attend!!!