Thread: The National
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 02:52 PM

Leon,

I still contend that it is worthwhile to advanced collectors to show up early and spin the room looking at specific booths that relate to what they collect. Yes, there will be a higher percentage of modern cards this year, but you can bypass those displays as you choose.

During the recent past, I have focused heavily on non sports and unopened wax packs and boxes. But this year, I am cutting back on my non sports display, and focusing more on sports cards, which is where the money is right now.

Since just last October, I have added 33 vintage wax packs from 1948 to 1973 in all sports and non sports. So my wax display will be impressive. As I also collect and have only a handful of 5 cent packs that I personally need, a few of those new acquisitions will not make it to my display cases. Now I only need: 1955 Topps football; 1956 Topps baseball; and 1957 Topps basketball.
Other than those three 5 cent packs, I only need two Parkhurst hockey packs to complete all of 1948 to 1973 5 cent packs.

Leon, having been at every National since Parsippany, every one except for the first four, it can't hurt to come and enjoy a day or two catching up with dealers and friends. If you change your mind, stop by and say hello.

Regards,

Steve (Dynamictwo@aol.com)
914-522-3853

Steve