Thread: Overrated?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Default Overrated?

Posted By: leon

I would call the Old Judges in high grade, but with "shadows" for player, overgraded but not overrated. Overrated might be the whole registry game...but that is ONLY my opinion. It certainly has helped the hobby so I think that is a good aspect of it. Overrated could be T210's 6 months ago...... As for the Wagner, I have had too many very well respected folks tell me the same story not to believe it. Some of these folks are hobby icons that won't say this stuff publicly for various reasons. They have told me they have personally seen the card before and after. From what I know, and I had never seen the card prior to the "surgery", I would think there is a 99% chance it has been trimmed. The current owner came on the old FullCount board (this one's predecessor) and gave a very elegant statement about his thoughts, in a thread devoted (if any of them back then were devoted) to the card. He basically said that he didn't care if it was altered, didn't think it was, and used it to promote goodwill in the hobby. I applauded him for his statement and his philosophy on the subject. Nuff said....regards