View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Administrator

Default 07' National Story Posted on SportsAntiques.com

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

http://www.sportsantiques.com/2007NATIONAL/07natstory1.htm
Dear friends,
Please know, along with my previously posted 9 pages of photos, I have now posted my 4 page written account of the 28th annual 2007 National Sports Collectors Convention on my website SportsAntiques.com. Please click the link above to go to it.

My 07’ National story features details of my pre-convention trip to Philadelphia and Adamstown PA. along with many photos of the sights I saw.

There are six sub photo pages linked from page one. Of these six pages, five are of Philadelphia and one is of Adamstown. Included are:

1. Boathouse Row
2. Kelly Drive
3. Frederic Remington “Cowboy“ statue
4. the Washington Monument
5. Constitution Square
6. Adamstown

There are also six more sub photo pages of dealers booths throughout the story, making a total of 12 sub photo pages.

What took so long you ask? It’s enormous work, and there’s no monetary incentive. I probably need to pursue sponsorship for future National stories so I would be accountable to a deadline, though probably too late for 08‘. I believe my National stories timeless, as my page views prove. This is my fifth National coverage, and at this point I feel a stewardship to maintaining a record of them for everyone. Thanks to the internet, my coverage is available perpetually 24/7 anywhere in the world.

I have added a special bonus to this years story, I visited John Gennantonio in Cincinnati after the National and took photos of his collection. I’ve posted them on their own separate page which is located at the end.

Enjoy the show!
-Carlton