View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default 07' National Story Posted on SportsAntiques.com

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

Greg, I went to your site, quality site well put together, the photos of your beer collection are fabulous, you've obviously got a lot of windshield time in, collecting it all. Great Job!

I'm in California, so I'm way far away from Adamstown and have only been able to go there twice. I was talking to this dealer one time at an antiques show, who like me was from California and was crazy about Adamstown....he said he told his wife he wanted to be buried there! LOL Even though I didn't find much in antique sports items either time, it's fun seeing a lot of general antiques...it's just a target rich environment, and you never know! Oh yes, those "tangents"...You're always nervous about spending money on them since you don't know when you'll need that money for your next sports find, but sometimes you just can't help yourself...like this 70" wide Case pocket knife advertising display I got not long ago that now hangs in my kitchen....

When you're out there looking for sports stuff, natually you're gonna find some non-sport stuff you just can't pass up.

I agree with you wholly about the social aspect of colleting! I've always said it's not just about getting a bunch of stuff.....it's about the whole journey. The places you see and the friends you make along the way. If you take collecting in this "whole journey" view, it's a fantastic rich experience!

Thanks much for posting, and stay in touch.
-Carlton