View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
"Let me try to learn something now. If the card has been in existence for at least 11 years (back to Mastro's sale) how in the world has such a high profile card escaped detection as being an altered piece? Is it just that each new owner spends mega bucks for it, then locks it away in denial....afraid to have it examined for genuine authenticity? I cannot understand this. What are your thoughts?"

Hey Chi-Town...are you familiar with the famous gretzky Wagner...psa graded 8? Talk about spending mega bucks...on an altered card! My thoughts are that many people have high grade...potentially altered, holdered cards in their collection. What good would it serve them to have them deemed altered/overgraded...and obviously quite less valuable? Surely a man with such an interest in finance can understand this?

I guess my biggest concern is this...How does Ullmandds, and presumably most of the members here know this information, but the guys who continue to spend mega bucks dont have a clue as to what they are buying??? How is such a "well known secret" kept when the hammer falls at auction?