View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 06:37 AM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55koufax View Post
About 6 - 8 weeks back I eBay W'd a 1980 Rickey RC in PSA 8.5 auctioned by 4SC. I was thrilled it was "only" $450. Come to find out about two weeks later, it was rejected by the Authenticator.

I was never once informed of this. I had to figure it out on my own. Thank goodness I have a relationship with 4SC and was able to communicate to them about it. Unfortunately, they did not deliver on their promise to sell me the card directly for the same price after they rec'd it back. I see they auctioned an 8.5 off again a few weeks after my plight ended. My guess it was the same card. They got $525. Wonder if it passed the second time? My guess is it did.

Many here will think this system works and is a good thing in that they feel the authenticator caught an error in the original grading process. Why then was there zero explanation presented to me, the LOSER BUYER who thought he had a great under VCP buy at $450? If PSA throws a card in a slab and then basically tells their clients they F'd up, how does that make them look?

Unfortunately for me, I have 22,000 other PSA slabs that could be in question...
Other posters have commented about inadequate communication from ebay when a card does not pass authentication, so it does seem like that part of the process could be improved. I've bought and sold dozens of cards since eBay started the authentications, and have never had one rejected, so I don't have the personal experience you do.

When PSA does their review of the slab, they are looking at the holder. They are supposed to make sure it is not a fake slab, or a re-sealed slab, or a slab with a phony label. If PSA rejects a slab because they think it is fake or tampered with or damaged, why would you still want it?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk