6. Spine Color
  7. Tassels
  8. Size
  9. Year
  10. Commentary
  11. Value
  12. Rarity

Have I missed anything?

I was contemplating a simple naming convention for the catalog reference.
Something like like "NYG001-AD".
  • The 1st 3 letters represent the team
  • The next 3 numbers are just a sequence number
  • The final 2 letters represent the manufacturer (e.g. AD for AdFlag)

This isn't something I'm looking to do for commercial gain. I just wanted to create a catalog that we could all contribute to.

As for photos, I'm happy to use any existing photo galleries that people have that they'd be willing to use for the project. But if anyone is so inclined, photos of each pennant against a white background would be ideal.
While I've wished something along these lines existed for years now (and I think it kind of does in a non-traditional sense, as this forum and the content shared within are encyclopedic), I think the effort to create and more importantly maintain would be monumental.

Also, including value would be a mistake in my opinion, except maybe in the most general of terms, because there really isn't an established book value for most of the pennants out there. How can you assign a value on a pennant that sells once every 5 or 10 years? Unless they're from the 70s or later and there are dozens for sale on eBay at any given time, it would be a guess more often than not. I think that's actually a disservice to the collector because it creates false perceptions. Not to mention realized prices are extremely volatile. So what's the point? I think rarity would be a better barometer of value....Maybe coming up with a rarity scale from 1 on to 10 and then let the market decide what the corresponding values are.

Good luck if you decide to do and I'm happy to help where I can.