View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
As for you, Mr. Atkatz, since you posted publicly your opinion of me, I shall now post publicly my opinion of your comments. You do not know me, nor will you ever know me well enough to state an opinion concerning my professional integrity, judgment or demeanor; or my personal integrity, judgment or demeanor. Please do not even insinuate that you can judge my collecting habits, judgment or demeanor. I do not deal with jerks in my office, personal life or collecting circles. I took your bait and posted pictures of some of my items, I am now cutting the line and hope that we will have no further contact with me via this thread.... let the matter end. I believe by the tone of your posts that you are a bitter, jealous and cynical collector. If you want to show me yours, I'll show you mine and I'll bet my collection is bigger. I hope that I never have the displeasure of meeting you in person.
I did or said nothing to judge you, your collecting habits, or your integrity--professional or otherwise. I asked "Why no pictures?" You replied that, among other reasons you did not want your collection open to scrutiny. I replied that was totally understandable, but if you post here about your collection, folks are going to want to see pictures. Only natural, and it is what everybody here does. And, of course, extremely rare autographs will undergo much scrutiny, as they have a much higher possibility of being forged. You then turned-tail and ran.

Just think how much easier this all would have been if, when asked by those other HoF collectors (before my post) to see some of your collection, you, like the vast majority here, graciously complied. I'm no expert on the guys you show, but I'd question none of them.

As far as "showing you mine," I have, and have been for years. Look up my postings--you'll find images of a large number of my 1903-1927 Yankee pieces. And yes, there is a risk involved--anyone here in the autograph section can tell you how my most prized item (a 1927 Yankees signed ball) was determined by members here to be a forgery. (And with a Jimmy Spence CoA, too. Whoda thunk?) All due to my posting images. (The ball has been replaced with an authentic example BTW.) Perhaps that's why I have so little patience for those who refuse to post photos of their extremely rare and extremely valuable pieces.

I don't collect HoF autographs, but even if I did I'm sure your collection would be bigger and more valuable. You win.

PS On this board, the rule is that if you call another names--"bitter," "mean," "jealous," etc., you must use your own name in doing so. No hiding behind a username.

PPS If you are going to flaunt your degree, I'm just gonna hafta use mine.You can call me "Dr. Atkatz."

PPPS You've got a great collection. This started with my asking to see pics, and escalated. Why don't we chalk it up to misunderstanding, and temper on both sides, and start again? And then you can call me "David."

Last edited by David Atkatz; 03-13-2014 at 03:29 PM.