View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementeFanOh View Post
Scott- I don't pay enough attention to this section of net54 and likely should, just found this topic. I can certainly answer your question about Rush and fan loyalty. Rush fans are loyal because the boys are master musicians who never compromised their integrity or fluffed a live show. They have been a clear cut example of matchless musicianship, lyrical depth, and consistency in their genre, all while deftly avoiding the main pitfalls that claim many talented bands. THAT is why their fans are so loyal. When a band is THAT good for that long, it counts for something. (And yes, I'm a huge fan. Also like Steely Dan and Hendrix).
On the topic of Zep, I caught the "cover band" snipe. Like them or not, Zep were indeed at the forefront of hard rock for a lengthy time in the 70s. Tough to argue with the skill of Bonham, Page, and Plant and the unsung contributions of Jones. They are/were "monsters of rock"- they could bring it, in other words. No one's going to win a "best band" debate, suffice it to say they were phenomenal.
Yeah, calling them a cover band is hilarious. There will always be those who whine and complain about others.