View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Craig Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Although Triumph was a great band, their popularity paled, imo, to that of The Tragically Hip.
Having spent my life in the Midwest, and my teen years in the late '70s - mid '80s listening to what is now Classic Rock, I'm familiar with several Canadian bands (now I'm reminiscing): Rush (The Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer), Bachman-Turner Overdrive (Taking Care of Business, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet), Triumph (Lay It On The Line), April Wine (I Like To Rock), Burton Cummings and The Guess Who (These Eyes, American Woman), (Canadian/American) John Kay and Steppenwolf (Born to Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride), Loverboy (Working for the Weekend, Turn Me Loose), Neil Young (Cinnamon Girl, Heart of Gold), (and later) Nickelback (Rockstar) and even a decent cover band from Nova Scotia (I think) called The Nudge. But this thread was the first time I'd heard of The Tragically Hip. Just sayin. After I saw the post about them, I did listen to some of their tunes on YouTube (and I like their sound ) and read about the tragic loss of their vocalist to brain cancer

Last edited by White Borders; 07-17-2020 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Doh! I forgot Neil Young