Thread: The Future
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:03 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Kids are not buying cards. What kid has $250 plus to spend on a box of 2021 Bowman? The current card industry isn't designed for children. It's the same bums you see at every show who have more money now because they haven't been spending as much.
Not to be argumentative but to a certain degree they are. I took my 10 year old to a local card show (his first) two weeks ago. He spent less the $50 and won a 2019 Donruss Football hanger box as a door prize and he could not have had more fun. He's normally pretty shy but actually wanted me to leave him alone so he could go make offers on a few of the lower end cards he wanted. Something I learned on here...there's a rear-end for every seat.

I do agree that most young kids aren't buying $250 boxes of Bowman but a lot of dad's are buying those boxes for their kids. And, depending on what age we are considering "kids" there are plenty of 16-22 year old kids carrying around tons of cash at these shows. Crazy, but true.

Last edited by maj78; 05-18-2021 at 01:04 PM.