View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 12:35 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Leon my take is this is we have two different markets in the vintage card industry

1. White Collar Big Ticket Items in REA, Memory Lane, Heritage ect. My belief is the bigger items in those auctions are controlled by white collar investors. Many of the cards I’ve noticed over the past two and a half years have played musical chairs from one house to the next in a relatively quick time frame 2-4 months.
To me these investors are less affected by inflation and a stock market downturn.

2. Blue Collar Middle and Lower Grade Private Collectors at In Person BST or direct eBay sales have corrected and will only go lower especially on the lower grade pieces. It’s my belief that the high inflation affecting the normal blue collar middle class guy is hindering their buying.

The Rick Get Richer, The Poor Get Poorer, And the Middle Class Pays May More and Buys Less and Less Discretionary items…
Actually, I found that in the recession the cheap stuff remained a steady seller. People need to feed their cardboard habits.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-10-2022 at 12:35 PM.