View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
That is an extreme version of the story that rings in my head any time I think i should dig out old cards and do some TTM requests.

I just don't like the thought of spending all that time and postage for maybe nothing, not to mention the agonizing waits for some, with many never coming back at all.

Years ago, I bought a lot on ebay that had maybe 400+ 78T cards signed. i was also buying a lot of singles too. I have a good amount of the set, including Bostock. I do not have Munson. I don't have Messersmith either! One that really sticks out in my mind that I don't have and should is Reggie Jackson. I really would like that card signed. it is one of the all-time great cards.
There are a few sites that have an address database with feedback from other collectors of who signs, how much they charge, wait times, etc that can help you cut down on wasted postage. SportsCollectors.net is one, SportsCardForum.com is another. I haven't used either in a while, but they were both very handy when I was writing to the living players for my project.