View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Default An unfortunate incident

Posted By: leon

Well, at the risk of inserting foot in mouth again let me try another thread. I am only going to give the straight facts here.....and there is an email circulating with some of this too. Recently I bought a card on ebay from Jeff Powell. I got it and put it away for a few weeks. I then went to catalogue it in my collection and looked at it closer, comparing it to another one from the same series. I found that the new card was about 1/8th of an inch short l-r and wavy on the right border. It compared extremely unfavorably with my other type from the set too. He said he got it from a Mastro auction and sent a pic from the catalogue....I said "so what"..... I asked the seller for a refund as he stated the card was in EX condition on ebay with no mention of a trim. After several emails he said he would take the card back but only give me $125 for it. I asked why and he said that that is all he would pay in an auction for it. The card, in my estimate, was only worth about $60-$80 in trimmed condition so I said ok to the $125 and return of the card. NOT that it was right but that I just didn't want the card and I would figure this was a cheap learning lesson. After about a week I asked if he had gotten the card. He said "no" so I tracked it and UPS (or Fedex, I forget) had left it on his door. A few days ago he said he got it from his neighbor (who obviously took it from his doorstep). Today I reveived a money order for $120 from Jeff......Thanks buddy.....now I know who NOT to deal with again...regards all

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2741336771