View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Mic.hael Mu.mby

Default cobb/austin photo

PSA wants to have this both ways. A "circa 1910s" designation covers a decade. Henry Yee considers a type I photo to have been printed within two years from the time the shot was taken. How can this be a type I with a ten year window?

There are a number of 8x10 Conlons in my own collection and none of them from this period have borders until 1915.

I spoke with REA on Thursday and they told me that they considered Mr. Yee the go-to guy on photographic images.

I don't know to what extent he examined this print and since it has been slabbed, it is impossible to discover more about the paper itself.

Dennis and I have talked about this and as Dennis said, "This is the T206 Wagner of photographs." It certainly is that (unless you own a shot of the 1869 Redlegs).

If you are paying six figures for ANYTHING (excuse me for shouting), you had better be able to kick the tires. I respect Henry Yee, he wrote the book (literally), but the book isn't closed on this stuff yet and there are chapters yet to be added.

More later....
lumberjack