View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:38 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Thanks!

No system is perfect, and systems are continually being refined. The question is if PSA/DNA refines and correct things. I think there should be photos that they holder but without a type assigned. I believe PSA has said their system was designed for news photos and doesn't necessarily fit to some other photos.

Another issue is the graders couldn't have been unaware of the incongruity of their dating and the two-year window, but decided the photo should get a type 1 and "original" label anyway. That should be problematic to collectors if PSA applies that kind of situational fudging and disregard of their own rules in other areas, such as autographs, card grading and game-used.

However, my observation has been that PSA/DNA has been reliable in photo dating and authentication, and collectors should generally be confident in buying PSA/DNA authenticated photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
David, just a quick public thank you for your posts through the years on photos. You are a measured, thoughtful voice on these issues, and I am sure I speak for many board members in saying thank you for sharing your expertise and opinions on these issues. I always look forward to reading your posts and learning something.

Last edited by drcy; 12-08-2020 at 12:45 PM.