View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 03:44 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
Don’t forget Virginia! My wife and I have a vacation place in Virginia Beach, so for the last 6 months or so I’ve doing this card show there. I hadn’t had a table at a card show in many, many years but I started collecting so many game used bats that I needed a place to sell some. They’ve had some great guests too which makes the show attendance even better. If anyone is interested, I’ve posted their latest show ad here.
Had a great time at my first card show in more than 20 years. After 3 hours, it was difficult to walk around because it was packed. Mostly modern, some vintage. I picked up an SGC 3.5 1954 Willie Mays. Nicely centered, clean card.

Highlight was meeting Jim (Vintagedeputy) at the show (see pic). Enjoyed talking to you Jim!

Didn't care much for card prices not being visible (a change from when I went to shows 20 years ago). Frustrating having to constantly ask sellers how much a card was.

Doc Gooden and Oil Can Boyd didn't show up to the show for signing autographs. Felt bad for those collectors/fans who were looking forward to getting their autographs.

Overall, a good time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 Jim.jpg (191.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Mays.jpg (64.6 KB, 80 views)