View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 08:52 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
Outside of the grading being a little soft for the grade, the perception is they aren't very knowledgeable in the vintage space. Most of their submissions are modern. Keep in mind, if you aren't planning on keeping the cards forever, you're better off only grading them once. MNT may take off at some point. But. I would hate to have to crack a card out and resubmit to another TPG just so I can get fair value for my stuff. It also risks damaging the card to do so

The big three certainly have their own challenges. But I would stick with them if it were my Lemieux. I would be more inclined to try them on modern stuff I was planning to keep.
I hear ya but being up here in Canada, I am at a disadvantage due to the exchange rate and shipping across the border. Shipping is something that has always concerned me, especially with some of my 52 Topps cards. Not that I am necessarily going to have MNT grade my 52's, but it is a possibility? My thoughts were to get some of my modern hockey graded to see how they do then go from there. I've been kicking around this idea about getting my cards graded for 5 yrs now, so don't take it to the bank that I necessarily will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Isn't KSA a solid option? (asking, not telling)
There are so many stories, both good and bad, about KSA it is hard to make up my mind. I have heard the new guy, Nate, is real good, but with their previous rep, I am not sure if that rep will ever be erased? MNT is closer to me as well, and like I mentioned above about dropping my cards off directly, MNT just makes the most sense to me at this point.