Thread: June Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 11:21 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Damn, your switch-hitting? Sometimes i get in a rut, and sway sometimes to pre-war (like i did my 2 cobbs-red/green)
Gorgous 4 there of Ruth. Suprised you didnt get a Mantle, or did you have one? i forget, sorry i get folks mixed up sometimes.
The 52 Mantle is at the top of my want list. I came close on a couple that have sold recently and could have gotten one for the money I have spent recently but not quite the quality that I want. I passed on the last couple of authentic 52s that were sold off of this board and Ebay. I did just buy a 51 Bowman mantle though.

My collection is not very focused right now, I've recently bought a couple nice pre-war and post-war cards. I've just been picking up cards I've always wanted regardless of era.

And Matt those two look great next to each other. I'm sure I'll have to add #53 at some point, as well as a green and red Cobb. I can only imagine opening on of these packs 80 years ago. I don't even know how many cards came in a pack, but have to wonder if it was possible to pull multiple Ruths out of the same pack.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 06-24-2015 at 03:57 PM.