View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgar3 View Post
Mark,
As you know from the other thread, many of us find this stuff very interesting.
I don’t know if it is possible, but now that you know there is interest, perhaps you could post the letters chronologically.
Congratulations on saving this stuff.
Hello Bgar3,

Thank you. I will see if I can do that and I do appreciate the feedback. I was hoping to post things that looked like they would be the most interesting and some things unfortunately don't have a date. On top of that I am still discovering things in the box. As I look closer at the content of the papers themselves I am finding that there are letters from what I think were friends of Charles Steele and they talk a bit about a game, seeing a game or even playing in one. There are just so many papers. Almost too many believe it or not.

I have a 2 page letter that has the "By Laws & Regulations" of the Newton Baseball Club. Unfortunately with no date at all. I was hoping to post that next.I am thinking that these "By Laws" predate what I have already posted. I'd have to research the names on it to see if I can ties them to possibly a year.

I am glad that you and others are finding this interesting and I thank you for all of your advice. I'm happy that these were saved and it was my pleasure pulling them from the dumpster. I had no clue at the time what was even in that box. It was the box itself that grabbed my attention because of the wooden handles. Who knew...

---Mark

Last edited by Mforder; 05-15-2021 at 06:59 AM.