View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Default What are your collecting goals for 2020

Now that 2019 is almost over, I thought it would be cool to list some of our goals for 2020. Try to be specific on what you're looking to achieve, maybe even your white whales so to speak. I'll start.

1. Complete 1934 Gashouse Gang project. At the start of November, I needed just 2 autographs to complete. Since I don't consider a project complete until I actually have everything in hand, I'm still working on it. (but more soon and hope to complete by the end of this month).

2. Complete 1969 Cubs project. I actually have all of the hard autographs, so if this one isn't complete by the end of 2020, it's only because money has been diverted to other projects. Ive tried to get as many of the 1969 topps cubs cards signed and will also have some cuts and postcard sized signed photos as well.

3. Complete the 1919 Black Sox project. I currently have 15 autographs from the players and members of the conspiracy, and I'm thinking I'm going to cap this project at either one or two more autographs so that I can get it up on the wall. I'll probably pick up one at the end of 2020 and then get the whole thing matted and framed with an extra spot for a name plate, which can be replaced if I ever get the 2nd autograph.

4. Catfish Hunter win tickets. This is a project I recently started, and one that I feel will be a lot of fun, a challenge, and a project I can work on for many years. I also will be picking up a lot of other Catfish items and all used for a display in my memorabilia room.

5. Get my memorabilia room to the point I can share pictures with all of you. As anyone with a memorabilia room can tell you, it's always a work in progress, and after several years of standing still (I've been working on other areas of the house as well) It's finally making progress again. Keep an eye out for the memorabilia room thread in 2020.

6. Always looking for vintage Yankees and Brooklyn Dodgers signed magazines. This one often goes on the back burner as money allows.

This makes for a pretty ambitious 2020 considering my modest collecting budget these days, but it just means I have to be focused and look for bargains. I think, with some luck, they can be completed.

What's your 2020 going to look like?