Thread: July Pick-Ups
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 05:33 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Bought a pair of High Number Hobby boxes at $40 each, which is about my price point for Heritage. Boxes are usually a loser, but opening packs is fun and at that price the fun is worth the dollars. I'm paying for the base and the fun of opening. One box had the Bichette /99 as the hit, and the other had Buehler in what I think is the usual spot. Another pack had the Kershaw, even though a box shouldn't have 2 hits in it for 2020. Relics aren't worth much, but Kershaw is cool as the hit as he's the start of a generation. I don't know if I'll keep the Bichette, but I got a full base set. The Ernie Banks 1 per box inserts are really cool.
$40 per hobby box is pretty decent and actually much more realistic. I think this stuff is actually cool. Very nice cards. I am very much torn over modern products like this. I very occasionally buy new product with the idea of piecing together a set of whatever given product because I do watch modern MLB and enjoy it. However, after a while, it hits me that I could buy a solid vintage card for the cost of the blasters and hangers that I open in such a quest. If the cost were lower on non-hit products like Heritage, I might be a player. Nice stuff!!