Thread: March Pickups
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM

Default Impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
I picked up one of the most important cards in my collecting life. It has changed the way I collect cards forever.

It's not because it's a great card itself (but it is my hero), but I am a set collector. By getting this card I now have completed the 1958 set. By completing the 1958 set I now have every base set back to 1954.

The reason it changes how I collect is that I have always gone to card shows to pick up bulk quantities of commons for sets. Then I use ebay and dealers for the stars. You can't get bulk quantities of 40's cards at shows. So I may never have to attend a show again. I can get everything on ebay or this site.

Now my focus is on the 1940's and to get a set from every year from that decade. I'm 1/2 done with 1941 Play Ball, completed 1943 MP&Co, About 12 cards away from a Salutation exhibit set (minus the 1939 short prints). I'll soon delve into 1947 Bond Bread and the 1948 and 1949 Bowman.
Impressive accomplishment Darkhorse! Why didn't you complete the earlier Topps sets?

Z Wheat