View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Yeah it's important not to generalize. Like assuming fat people = poor people for some reason, even though it is factually true that obesity is cross-class problem. Science, actual science, is important too. If you consume less calories than you burn, weight goes down. If you eat high fructose corn syrup garbage and fast food, you're consuming unhealthy and high calorie food. It has a negative effect on your health. Eating vegetables, for one of many examples, many of which are very cheap, is much more advisable. I too managed to eat while poor, though I didn't get the benefit of food stamps and the taxpayers picking up my meals. I changed my diet around to a healthy one, while poor, after suffering the negative consequences of being fat (which was nobody's fault but my own) and through basic human biology and an iota of self-control, lost that weight by eating less than I burned, and then ate to maintain a healthy weight. I am not special.

Eat more than you need, get fat. Eat less than you need, lose weight. Eat what you need, maintain weight. If you get obese on your diet, you are consuming more than you need (except for the tiny % that actually has a true medical condition here). This is not hard. It's basic biology.
You're missing the point that some folks don't have a choice, nor can they burn all the calories they take in by eating fatty foods. You're doing something that many medical students do frequently before they learn the reality of dealing with the many populations of patients they treat: blaming the patient. And I'm glad you never had to rely on food stamps and taxpayers "picking up your meals." I guess maybe you weren't as poor as some people find themselves, and that your circumstances may not have been as bad as those that others had to deal with in their lives.