View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 10:10 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
You're missing the point that some folks don't have a choice, nor can they burn all the calories they take in by eating fatty foods. You're doing something that many medical students do frequently before they learn the reality of dealing with the many populations of patients they treat: blaming the patient. And I'm glad you never had to rely on food stamps and taxpayers "picking up your meals." I guess maybe you weren't as poor as some people find themselves, and that your circumstances may not have been as bad as those that others had to deal with in their lives.
Yes I'm very glad I've never taken welfare too.

They DO have a choice. Again, people are not being force fed. You can drink water over a soda. It's cheaper. You can eat a smaller serving, that costs the same or less. Every single city in America has vegetables available for the same price as junk food or less. You absolutely, factually do make choices. Lower income people do not have no choice. That is a blatant lie no matter how much you want to repeat it. You are responsible for what you shove down every day. I still have no idea why every response to the basic concept that you pick how much and what you eat, and that eating more than you need makes one fat, is about poverty. Biology does not care about your class. If you eat more than you need you get fat; whether you are a homeless person or Warren Buffet. If people were too poor, they would be thin from malnutrition and not getting enough. The problem with obesity is people are eating too much. Obviously. It is biological fact. I am sorry you don't like it.