View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Unfortunately the person stating this, and you are agreeing with, is an admitted liar and shill bidder. So agreeing with him is maybe not as highly thought of as it was. I have spoken with a few long time board members about Heritage in the last several days. They have also stated as I believe, Heritage is an honest company that has/had some operational issues. They also should consider changing the messenger on our board. Another messenger might be more widely accepted. Each and every time I have spoken with Chris Ivy about the banning of board members from their auctions I have concluded his reasoning was sound. They have never banned anyone for only questioning an item. They will ban folks that go overboard which many of our members do. Time and time again I might add. It's all in the delivery. I can't say I blame them either. As far as saying Richard is in cahoots with an alleged forger, criminal, wanted person and allegedly the biggest crook ever in the hobby, Peter Nash, well, if information is being supplied to him then I don't know what you would call it? Maybe someone can help out here. What do you call a person that gives information to allegedly the biggest fraudster in the sports memorabilia business? I am just asking a question not making any accusations.

I want to add that I think, and have always thought, Richard is a very honest person. I am merely asking a legitimate, devils advocate question above.
Leon - What do you call someone who is pointing out some of the biggest problems in the hobby? If he is going to do that and in that process expose questionable practices and if he asks me for my opinion about certain things (as he has asked Ron Kerujian and a number of others on this board) then I am going to give him my opinion. If he asks me a question and wants to quote me in his blog, well Michael O Keefe has done that too. Does Heritage think he might be the Cooperstown Forger.
Many members have been happy to start new threads here linking to Hauls of Shame website. Many members apparently believe his allegations. Many members have had problems with Heritage. The number of members complaining about Heritage far exceeds the number who praise them.
Regardless of possible illegal allegations against Peter Nash, none proven at this time, I will respond to questions from him until he is accused of some criminal action. If you want to call that working in conjunction then go ahead and do it but only Heritage has accused me of doing that and I truly don't believe members here would accuse me of doing that just because I give him an opinion on an autograph and give him permission to quote me on Hauls of Shame.
I see all these complaints about Heritage posted here on Net54 and sort of just go ???. I deal with Lelands, Alexander Autograph Auctions, RR Autograph Auctions and Henry Yee. I have never had to make a complaint against any of them, either as a buyer or as a seller. I have never had an untoward incident, either as a buyer or as a seller. They are the cream of the crop and as to getting barred by Heritage, well my barrel of tears has already been disposed of.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-20-2012 at 02:11 PM.