View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 01:59 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default I Couldn't Agree More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I have 4 grandsons playing little league. Some of the kids wear masks, others don't. Some of the spectators wear masks, some don't. One of the kids team was postponed for 2 weeks because a family member tested positive. People seem to be social distancing, for the most part. When the season started, the bleachers were off limits and the kids couldn't use the dugouts, but now that has changed. The home plate umpire calls the balls and strikes from behind the pitcher to limit his exposure to a bunch of kids.

I live in a rural area of Wisconsin, and most people are not taking the virus seriously.
.....In rural Northern Wisconsin the "Culture War" is in full bloom. Wearing a mask is inviting scornful looks. But confederate flags fly freely from pick up trucks. A local grocery store, the only one in a small community, has never had the essential workers wear masks or installed plexi glass shields at check out. We had a check out worker ask us last week "Where do you buy masks?" Talking to someone taking the virus seriously is Rare.