View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:56 PM
Josh Alpert

We are all responsible for our own actions (and small children) and that's it, controlling the actions of others is not possible. It is a personal decision for each of us as to how we wish to approach the virus and determine our personal level of risk. Very similar concept to investing strategy... take the highest risk with the possibility of losing your life savings or take the safest route- only accumulate whatever you earn and never the possibility of losing principal. Never will a time come where everyone is on the same page.

Baseball players who are playing currently all made the decision to accept a higher level of risk so they could play and get paid. I respect their decisions, just as I do the ones who opted out.

For every player who is infected, there are 10 more willing to step in and take their place.

There are billions of dollars in contracts at stake, so MLB isn't going to close up shop unless they reach a point the league absolutely cannot sustain. I don't see it. As a fan, I like to watch sports, so I hope they play every sport, college and pro. Hope is all I have in the matter.

And, the perception of a 60 game season being somehow tainted seems absurd... it would seem like uncontrolled jealousy to attempt to diminish someone else's hard-earned accomplishments by insisting there should be an asterisk or footnote, but whatever team wins the WS will have legitimately beat another MLB club to win after nearly a month of grueling playoffs, and I'm guessing the fans of that team will certainly not be talking about asterisks.