View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 02:15 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I remember you telling me you got a decent size lot to start your set.

I don't think I have any regrets about any cards I have purchased. I have always looked for cards with decent eye appeal with certain criteria - no rips, pinholes, paper loss or writing (front or back), and no part of another card visible. Many of my cards have creases, corner wear, etc, but I always try to buy a card that I am happy with instead of buying to fill a hole and then planning to upgrade later. That never seems to work out well so once I buy something, I'm usually planning on keeping it.

Lately, I have more regrets about cards I didn't buy because trying to buy them now is going to cost a lot more than it would have when I had the chance before.
Back in 16, when I began collecting again, I went at a feverish pace collecting as many 52's as I could so centering, etc, wasn't as important to me as it is now.
I regretted that decision not long ago as I wished I had of taken more time to be a bit more choosy, but at the same time, in retrospect, if I had of done that, I likely wouldn't be as far ahead as I currently am and it definitely would have been more expensive then and especially now.

I've upgraded a few cards here and there but for the most part, I have backed way off lately and have mainly focused on hockey cards. With the exchange rate, shipping, duty, etc, it just became too expensive to carry on doing that but I haven't given up entirely.
These are 2 new additions. The Irv Dusak card is one I thought I had but I must have gotten him confused with Erv Palica? My low number run is now officially officially done as I jumped the gun before thinking it was.
The regular Frank House card is also one I didn't have but I do own a Yellow Tiger copy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Irv Dusak 52 Topps.jpg (77.3 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Frank House 52 Topps.jpg (81.0 KB, 143 views)