View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I owned a similar machine for many years. It is a Topps Vending machine. Ment to be filled with vending boxes.
The Value has 2 components. First the machine itself is. Dose it function? ( I used to keep it filled with cards, and keep nickels on the top). Then general condition. The stand is often damaged or missing ( like this one) also looks like rust has set in. And parts are missing.
The second component is the display card. Mine was from 1959 ( no I didn't keep 59's in it, more like 79's) one compartment was baseball one Western Stars and can't remember 3rd. Your card looks like a McHale's Navey that has some baseball taped on. I don't think the tape stains can be cleaned completely.
I think given shape of both components the price is more than I would pay. Gonna be a labor of love to restore completely. But if you want it just as a display, simple sanding and paint might make it look pretty nice. And Cleaned up the McHale Navy card should look sharp.
But I think, in top condition a topps vending machine with stand and a decent back card is worth $400-$600. I sold mine about 10 years ago I think for $350. So I have allowed for fact that Market might have changed. Hope this helps.