View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 03:00 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
If I had the power to turn back time (to 4 years ago), my most beloved living legend is Yogi Berra.

My Daughter Debbie lived in Montclair, NJ on the same street (4 houses away) as did the Berra Family. We met Yogi and his wife, Carmen, several times.
They were the most delightful people that you would ever meet and have a conversation with.

1947 Bond Bread …………………………………………….….. 2012 Cooperstown

TED Z

T206 Reference
Yogi was good people.

Casey Stengel said, "I never play a game without my man." He was talking about #8. And Berra was one guy whose impact on the game(s) he played in transcended WAR. You look at BBR, and they'll tell ya that Berra's lifetime contribution was 59.8 wins.

BS.

Yogi was Casey's general on the field, and Yogi saw freaking everything. Anybody that looked at him, and his between game antics, and underestimated him was a fool. He was every bit as important to the Yankees as Mantle or Ford.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.