View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 08:52 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGallo View Post
I hate this program with all my being. I see it as a waste of time and money. Takes over twice as long to get my item. Who is this supposed to protect the 1% that knows knowing about what they are buying and somehow gets taken.
This is just another example of someone not thinking and just providing a service that no one really needs. I would rather protection from the idiots that way over grade raw cards or that don't mention damage and expect you to see it from the horrible pictures.

If this protection was just for higher value cards I would see it as more logicial say couple grand or more, but the cap is way to low.

James G
I would guess the 1% number really represents the amount of people that could spot a well done altered card or a good fake slab with a real flip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
Every post about this program has people bitching. People HAVE to have things immediately in this amazon world.

This program is great for sellers. Once item is authenticated, likelihood of returns drops massively. I haven’t sold on ebay for years but have started again since they started this program.

As a buyer, I have no issues either. Why wouldn’t you want someone checking to verify there isn’t hidden damage or something the seller missed? I’ll take this all day for a few days of extra waiting. Much easier than getting something that wasn’t as described and then going through the return process.
I feel the same way. I never sold higher end cards on eBay before because of all the problems that can happen. Now I would have no problem with doing it because of this amazing program.

This program has been going on with sneakers for a little over 2 years. You used to be able to spot a lot of fake Nike sneakers on eBay. Now not so much so it is working very well.