View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 04:51 PM
Brian K

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I believe that these cards were early printings and corrections were made later on. So, in other words, the blue cap Jackie was printed before my PSA 4. The short sleeve Aberson was printed before the long sleeve, etc. Of course, one could argue that the opposite happened. For example, the long sleeve came out first and the short sleeve after due to a printing error. Ted Z. does argue this in one of his older posts on this forum.
Ted Z. is the guru of Leaf for sure, it would probably need to come down to which had the smaller run, the initial offering or the correction, as there are a lot less of the "blue hat" variations. In my printing experience, masking a plate off to mute heavy ink areas is usually the correction side of things, though that doesn't account for the yellow stripe on all "blue hat versions", if the stripe was the correction, then the full color version of the hats were the initial printing, and the details were added later by unmasking or remaking the plates, which may account for the short print? A mystery for sure. Ted has a uncut sheet layout and maybe able to (or already has) shed light on the short print distribution as far as date, and if it was a restrike, or a new printing all together that may have used stars as fillers to fill the page, with slight variations to the image.