View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Bill
Bi.lly Kru.pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Most of the time I go into it with the intentions of completing the set. However, there have been a couple of exceptions. When I first started going to shows one of the main dealers I bought from got a nice high grade collection of t206s. Mostly he just dealt in Topps and Bowman. He talked me into buying two, a Matty and Speaker. I ended up putting the set together.

The second time was when I got married, I talked my wife into picking a set to collect. She decided on t205s. She was so picky on condition, I didn't think we would ever finish the set. Fast forward many years and I saw a PSA 6 Cobb at auction. I ended up putting a max bid in on the card and winning it. After getting the key card, I decided to finish off the set.
I’ve yet to dive into T206s, as I’m scared I’m going to lose control goin for that set. But, I do want the 4 Cobb cards, with the intent of stopping with those.

I’m jealous that you also have your wife collecting. My wife likely thinks I’m an idiot for some of my purchases.