View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 05:18 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Will PSA Correct This Mistake???

I know that approaching PSA about removing a (wrongfully given) PD qualifier from one of your cards leads down a long and winding road to the middle of Frustration Junction, but what happens when they unquestionably mislabeled a card? Will they change the label for you (at no cost)?

Here is the card in question. An otherwise beautiful (great corners and centering) Mike Schmidt rookie card that clearly has a large stain on it (I upped the contrast, etc., to really bring it out), muddying up the wonderful 'rookie' (guess they forgot about his 1972 card) Ron Cey...

1973schmidtrc615PSA8PDa.jpg1973schmidtrc615PSA8PDb.jpg

The (very old) label has it as a print defect (PD) and not as a stain (ST). Does anyone have experience in this area? The card is available for trade, as I'm not looking to sell it or anything, but at some point I need the label to be accurate. Right now, a normal person would think, "Okay, if that's not a stain, then something must've happened with the ink during the printing process, so there's nothing really amiss." But, it is truly a stain (unless I am somehow wildly missing something), as you can see it on back as well.

On a side note, the seller was quite forthright with me. He didn't try to convince me it was anything other than a stain, and we chatted and I made an offer on it knowing full well what I was in for.

If I approach PSA with this (and they actually respond), are they going to say something to the effect of, "Well, if it says 'PD' on it, then clearly the grader recognized that area as a print defect, so we won't change it." Or will they actually see that the card was LITERALLY mislabeled and change it to a PSA 8 ST??

Any hope of a proper resolution?? I just want accuracy.

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, I'm not looking for any sort of regrade. I just want the 'PD' to be correctly updated to 'ST.'

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.