View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 08:20 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Time.

I thought about time this morning. Time is what so many collectors have had on their hands for months now. I think that is part of the puzzle of why prices on some cards are rising and some are not. Collectors have the time to think, really think, about their collecting right now. I've found myself contemplating what cards I want and how I want to collect them to a greater degree than normal, and have been selling off good chunks of material and acquiring other stuff in turn. My collecting is more purposeful than it was a year ago because I have nothing else to do than pay attention. No more rushed purchases on my phone while heading out for the evening. To be fair, I'd been going that way for a while--instead of coming home from the National with a carry-on full of random crap, the last few years I'd come home with much more directed purchases--but the virus mess has made me more aware of what I am buying and how it fits. I've even started (gasp) a few small vintage boxing sets, something I haven't done for years as a boxing type card and HOFer collector.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-19-2020 at 08:20 AM.